- Responsible for maintaining GreenSteam cloud infrastructure for hosting GreenSteam Manager (GSM), its data processing pipeline and ML training environment. The infrastructure is built around Kubernetes cluster for hosting GSM, deploying data pipeline workflows for processing vessel performance data, and trigger ML trainings based on update vessel data. Data is stored in network file systems, databases, and files.
- Currently, the infrastructure is hosted on AWS, but will be migrated to Azure in the near future. This requires that the candidate has a thorough understanding of both AWS and Azure to fulfill the role of key staff member in this migration process. The candidate will bring forward recommendations on how existing solutions in AWS can be migrated to Azure, and communicate with stakeholders and developers how the new Azure infrastructure will look like and what needs to be done, as well as providing progress reports. All communication will be in English, therefore the candidate needs to master it at a proficient level.
- The current data processing is batch oriented and will be redesigned to an event driven micro-service based data platform. This will place different requirements on the infrastructure and means of communication between workflows, moving from synchronous vs asynchronous. To be able to help design the required infrastructure for this, the candidate should have a background in data rich systems and asynchronous communication patterns.
- Monitoring and analyzing infrastructure performance and costs as well of the processes running on it will be one of the candidate's key responsibilities. Detecting inefficient software implementations and challenging developers to improve their solution to lower resource usage to achieve better cost efficiency will be part of this role.
- Experience in AWS cloud hosted solutions like EKS, ECR, EC2, Auto scaling, EFS, S3
- Experience in Azure cloud hosted solutions like AKS, Container Registry, Virtual Machines, Virtual Machine Scale Sets, Files, Blob storage
- Experience in data rich systems combined with asynchronous communication patterns
- Preferably experience in service monitoring solutions like Prometheus, Jagger, Grafana.
- Experience in Agile software development process based on Scrum and working in Scrum teams
- Experience in software development tooling like Jira and Git
- Experience in CI/CD processes in tools like AWS Codebuild and Azure Devops
- Experience in Linux Administration like Debian, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, Azure Linux distributions
- Experience in Docker, Terraform, Argo framework, Helm, Ansible
- Experience in database technologies like Postgres and SQL
- 30 days of paid holidays
- Elastic working hours
- Chill room (with Xbox, Steam, foosball, etc.)
- Adjustable desks and ergonomic office chairs
- Flat organization
- Candidates will be asked to make a practical devops assignment