Our client is one of the biggests TSL (Transport, Shipping, Logistics) worldwide company, with with more than 140 years of logistics experience, with about 2000 locations around the world and more than 76 000 employees wordwide. For main IT Department, based in South Warsaw, we are currently looking for:
Oferta pracy: Praca programista Java Software Developer Warszawa
- Develop new business and integration services based on Java Technology with connections to COBOL ILE setups.
- Support existing setups
- Develop web services and REST services, microservices
- Create services on top of C++, R and Python libraries, e.g. using JNI, rJava
- Improve and implement synchronous and asynchronous application interfaces
- Actively support the build and deployment process
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Make sure design is in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
- Proficient understanding of branching strategies and code versioning tools, preferably Git
- Experience with test-driven development, test automation, and scripting languages
- Familiarity with continuous integration/delivery culture and tools, such as Gitlab CI, Jenkins
- Ability to read/understand COBOL/COBOL ILE code (or other similar languages)
- Solid experiences with a decent integrated development environment, preferably IntelliJ IDE
- Proficient in English reading and writing
- Ability to work autonomously and in international teams
- Proven working experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE and/or Spring
- Proven working experience in developing well designed REST APIs
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies, e.g. JPA2, Hibernate
- Experience in developing web applications using popular web frameworks, preferably Spring MVC
- Familiarity with testing Frameworks for Java, such as Junit
- Attractive salary
- Having an impact In our team every opinion matters. We are inviting everyone to bring their ideas along because we think that it helps us to create the best products possible
- Minor benefits for you to enjoy. Holiday bonus, subsidies to private healthcare, sports cards, cinema, and theatre tickets and group insurance.
- Great atmosphere. Awesome people, foosball and after work beer is at your disposal.
- Challenges. We are not afraid of challenges because they are fun to solve Development. We are offering you not just a job but the place where you can professionally and personally grow.
- Open Communication. We strongly believe that good communication is at the core of all successful companies. That's what we cultivate in our company as well.
Good to have:
- Good understanding of logistics flows
- Familiarity with JAVA development on IBM / AS400
- Familiarity with Docker, its ecosystem, container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Experience with containerized Spring Boot Applications for Microservice Architectures
- Experience with building high-volume/ low-latency applications and load test tools (Gatling.io and JMeter)
- Practical Experience with Message Integration (JMS, IBM WebSphere MQ, ActiveMQ, SQS), Web-and Rest Services (Jax-RS & JSON, Jax-WS & SOAP)
- Familiarity with Java build tool ecosystem, such as Maven, Gradle, Nexus
- Working experience with cloud platforms (ideally having worked with AWS)
- Knowledge of reactive programming