Client's expanding our Engineering Team to Poland. As one of the founding members of the new division, you will have unique opportunity to work with highly skilled developers and to drive the direction of our technical journey.
As a Backend Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for design, implementation and testing REST based microservices applying appropriate principles and design patterns. You will work in a cross-functional Agile team, closely with product managers and designers, and participate in all phases of software development. You will be given problem statements and translate them into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- 8+ years hands-on software development experience.
- Excellent programming skills in Kotlin or one of JVM languages such as Java, Scala or Groovy and an interest in learning Kotlin.
- Experience in Spring Boot and its ecosystem.
- Solid understanding of REST and microservices architecture.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Following best practices in software design, development and quality, creating unit, integration and acceptance tests using TDD and BDD.
- Experience in cloud software development, preferably AWS.
- Understanding or experience in any of event driven platforms like Apache Kafka.
- Experience in Git, Gradle, Docker and CI/CD tools.
- Understanding of software security and designing robust systems.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum or Kanban.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Small teams
- International projects
- Flat structure
- In-house trainings
- In-house hack days
- Startup atmosphere
Good to have skills:
- 10+ years hands-on software development experience.
- Experience in Kubernetes and observability tools such as NewRelic, Datadog.
- Experience in No-SQL databases, preferably Apache Cassandra.
- Experience working in a regulated/pharmaceutical industry or international, distributed and multi-site environments is an advantage.
- Experience managing or leading technical teams is an advantage