For our Client we are seeking a highly motivated and talented Software Engineer to join team and help build the components that make unique solutions. The ideal candidate is a versatile self starter with a background in Scala development. The Software Engineer's responsibilities include crafting and developing software for corporate cloud platform.
- Design and implement highly scalable and flexible microservices for Insurance verification
- Make improvements to our cloud APIs and work on developing new capabilities in existing code base
- Participate in creating the next gen platform technical roadmap for the company
- Enhance existing capabilities to meet the customer needs
- Solve issues and implement solutions along with test cases
- Implement automated tests
Desired skills & experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following languages: Scala, Python and/or Java. Having professional dev project experience of 2 + years in Scala is required
- Deep understanding of object oriented and functional paradigms
- Willingness to learn and work with technology stacks different from the ones used in the past
- Solid background in RESTful Web Services
- Strong grasp of relational and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Background in Networks and Security (Public Key Infrastructure, SSL, Crypto)
- Proficiency in Linux and Shell scripting
- Proficient in git
- Must be fluent in English
- Team solves a crucial problem with huge business potential together, and we are able to see exactly how our contribution affects customers!
- Remote-First work model meaning most employees can work remotely in Poland. We have an office in Krakow for those who prefer an in-office environment.
- Competitive pay package, including base pay and stock options
- Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Multisport card
- Annual personal development and technology budget to advance your skills and career
- Lunch delivery via Uber Eats, virtual events, & more!
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of ansible or similar provisioning tool is a plus
- Full-stack experience is a plus